Here a shirt, there a shirt, everywhere a shirt, shirt...

I design t-shirts.  I even sell some of them.  I use several different companies to print my artwork, but Zazzle.com is the one that brings in the most business (Erin McIntyre Designs is the "hub" for my stuff, but the links all point to Zazzle). I'm kind of a graphic design geek, so I mess around in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop almost every day.  When I come up with something good, I turn it into a t-shirt and list it for sale on Zazzle.  It's interesting to see what sells and what doesn't.  I've created designs that I think are beautiful and brilliant, that no one wants to buy.  I've created designs that at first seemed obvious and lacking in finesse, that sell like crazy.  For example, I initially felt just luke-warm about this one, but my "I'm Ignoring You" shirt has become a top seller:

"I'm Ignoring You" T-shirt from Erin McIntyre Designs

So what is so attractive about it?  Let's face it - sarcastic, insulting t-shirts are much more popular than happy, sunshiny ones.  Plus, a design with a reference to a social networking site like Facebook appeals to a market of online buyers.  A second Facebook-inspired shirt, "I Like New York", has sold fairly well, too:

"I Like NY" T-shirt from Erin McIntyre Designs

Given the success of the Facebook designs, I'm giving a Twitter shirt a shot:

"Tweet Pray Love" T-shirt from Erin McIntyre Designs

Whadaya think?  And yes, this is your cue to buy several of my t-shirts for every member of your family.