I LOVE VET SCHOOL

There, I said it.  It's like changing your Facebook status to 'in a relationship'.  Because yes, I am in a full blown relationship with vet school.  And for the time being, the honeymoon phase is still present!  Every time I actually pause and think, 'wow, I am not only living in a beautiful international city, I am going to VET SCHOOL', it makes me smile.  Most students are not too crazy about the first couple of years in vet school because it's all lecture-based (in the US anyways) and there can be some material that seems like it is not vet-related.  I have to admit, cell biology is not my favorite pastime, but now that we are visiting some of the concepts in other courses, it's becoming much more relevant and interesting to me. 

We also get a lot of hands-on experience here with animals from day one and this helps tremendously.  And, as much as I sometimes want to complain about some practicals (labs) in the classroom, they are also a great addition to our lectures and do beat sitting in a lecture theatre.  You actually feel useful and being able to apply some knowledge is fun. 

Today we started our anatomy and histology lectures and we will be beginning the dissections for anatomy next week!  This gets my juices flowing and as much as I know I will be crying in my corn flakes about how many terms and names and structures I will have to memorize, I still can't wait.  I loved human anatomy and physiology, so I'm hoping it carries on this many years after the fact.  Bring it on!

Also, it was a very sunny day today and this makes me :)  Not a drop of rain today....unbelievable. 

So, for now, I love vet school and am soaking it all up......just hoping there is still enough room up there in my aging sponge.

Back to enzyme revision and upon completion, I will reward myself with a look at my anatomy and histology books.

Over-N-Out