Feelin' mo betta

It appears as though I've kicked some nasty stomach flu before it got to me.  Swollen, hard, lymph node is smaller and not sore any more.  Sore throat is absent.  Looks like my immune system may actually be working these days.  Whew! 

So, I must first complain. With that being said, I do promise to do a post on what I love about the UK and what I cannot fathom/stand about the UK.  As a sneak peek, I really despise the delivery system here for mail and shipped goods.  Here's the major problem, a lot of people live in tenements that have a keyed door to the outside and once you are in, has all of the separate flat doors which are also keyed. The Royal mail slots are on our private flat doors, so once the mailman is in, he can just mail through the slot. There is a buzzer/speaker system on the outside of most buildings corresponding to each individual flat (and even a 'service' one that will buzz all flats at once) so that you can unlock the outer door from inside your flat.  The problem, of course, is that deliveries and postal service are usually in the middle of the day and many times...guess what...no one is home. So, the mail or delivery goes back on the truck and you are none the wiser for the most part until you finally get it and see the delivery history.  It infuriates me to get an important piece of mail a week late stamped 4 times with 'no entry', or a package with multiple delivery attempts that I paid extra for the shipping.  The horribly frustrating part about deliveries is that they tell you they will deliver sometime between 7am and 7pm.  Great, so you really think everyone is a stay-at-home mom or a bustout hanging lying on the couch playing video games all day? 

The company that tried to deliver my much needed textbooks on Monday (while I was at university) was kind enough to leave a note outside to either re-schedule a delivery or arrange to pick up.  I would have been fine picking it up (since I don't have any days off), but the hub was about 30 minutes away, out near the airport.  So, I took my chances and scheduled it for the day I only had two lectures and got here 20 minutes before it was delivered.  Terrible system.  Terrible.

Now on to brighter things. Embryology I am finding rather interesting so far.  Things are moving very quickly, but at least we have great lecturers and the material is mostly new for me.  Tomorrow, we get our first lecture in Veterinary Public Health and do a sheep handling practical....read: flipping sheep!  I'm looking forward to the farm stuff, as usual.

So, my next post I think I will actually explain what my program is, what it entails, what I will be when I graduate (note, I did not say when I grew up) and what all the letters behind my name will mean. 

I've been really productive today and need to finish on a high note, so I'm going to look over what I'm doing tomorrow. 

Ciao. 

Over-N-Out