Back online!

I lost my borrowed internet connection all of yesterday (they secured it).  Thank goodness today was my day for British Telecom to hook up my landline, install my broadband and give me my Sky TV bundle.  I can now call US landlines for free up to 60 minutes.  If I am going to talk longer, I simply have to hang up and redial....talk about a bargain!

So, we finished orientation today.  It started out interesting with information on doing the research track, an intercalcated degree (another BSc, a Master's or PhD), a residency (postgraduate clinical training) and summer research projects (Paid!) and ended up with us getting the longer version of history of the Dick Vet that we've heard a couple of times now.

I am actually interested in at least pursuing the idea of research.  The university is world renowned for it's research capabilities and facilities.  I think it would be a shame not to at least consider the options.  The cloning of Dolly the Sheep is perhaps what we are best known for, but we are at the forefront on infectious disease, genomics and biomedical research. The University of Edinburgh is currently the top research institution in the UK. That is pretty impressive in my book.  The Roslin Institute is our research arm.  Check it out:  http://www.roslin.ac.uk/.  It is located next door to our new teaching facility out at Easter Bush:  http://www.easterbush.estates.ed.ac.uk/royal-dick-school-of-veterinary-studies/

Since I just got my internet back up online, I have some catch up to do.

Over-N-Out